“At the core, what clustering is doing is helping us to understand what Google thinks about your SERPs. If the same URLs are ranking across multiple SERPs and multiple keywords, it’s clear that Google believes a single page or URL can answer all those queries.”
That’s what Nozzle CEO, Derek Perkins said when he demoed our new keyword clustering tool at SMX Advanced.
You can check out the presentation right here:
This clustering tool compares all of the SERPs we’ve collected on your behalf, over a long period of time in order to find important similarities.
Let’s take a closer look at how our keyword clustering works:
- We compare your SERPs to see how much overlap there is in terms of the URLs that are shared between them, and then they are grouped into clusters.
- The way we surface this data is through our topic cluster view, which is sorted by total number of keywords in the cluster.
- Our tool allows us to surface the top PAA questions being asked, Share of Voice, which shows the domains that belong to the URLs that define the cluster, the SERP features that show up, and their rank.
- We also show the total number of URLs so you can see exactly what is shared among those SERPs.
But wait, there’s more!
- You can drill into a specific cluster to see even more details from all of the keywords that belong in that cluster. The data will show the search volume, AdWords, traffic, and ads bid, just to name a few.
- We scrape all of the pages from the URLs, which allows us to do entity extraction and categorization using Google natural language processing APIs, which are available through the rest of the Nozzle platform.
- This will surface what the specific entities are that show up in the URLs that rank everywhere in this cluster.
- This will help as we move more towards SGE and AI in the coming years.
- PAA, (including the SERP count over a period of time for multiple keywords), FAQ (a content goldmine), Share of Voice (top domains and their performance) and the SERP Features are a few more components of this tool.
But wait, there’s STILL more!
You can drill into each URL and get a massive amount of very detailed data about each cluster, which includes:
- Text Stats
No other clustering tool has ever had this level of data available!